2015 AMPO Annual Conference
The 2015 AMPO Annual Conference Presentations are now available.
The AMPO Annual Conference, held October 20 – 23, brought together MPO staff, Policy Board members, federal and state employees, and consultants who shared information on a variety of MPO issues.
Commissioner Larry Brown, welcomed attendees to Clark County, Nevada during the Wednesday night Opening Reception. Brown highlighted some of the county’s transit projects and successes that are continuing to develop throughout the region.
Former South Carolina Secretary of Transportation and AMPO founder, Janet Oakley, gave an inspiring Keynote address Thursday. Oakley spoke of five emerging technology trends that she believe are prevalent in the industry, why they should matter to MPOs, and the potential impacts that today’s planning and investment decisions have on an uncertain mobility future.
During the 2015 AMPO Awards, MPOs and individuals were honored for advancing their organizations through the planning process and shaping sustainable regions. Congratulations to this year’s winners:
- Todd Ashby, Des Moines Area MPO’s Executive Director, received the Ronald F. Kirby Award for Outstanding Individual Leadership
- The Metropolitan Transportation Commission for Outstanding Overall Achievement for a TMA MPO
- Indian River County MPO for Outstanding Overall Achievement for a non-TMA MPO
- Hon. Angela Connolly, Polk County Supervisor (City of Des Moines) for Outstanding Elected Official Leadership
The newest AMPO Board members were announced during this year’s General Membership Meeting. Congratulation to those elected to the class of 2016-2018:
- Hon. Elaine Clegg, Council Member, City of Boise, Community Planning Association of Southwest Idaho (Boise, ID)
- Ashby Johnson, Executive Director, Capitol Area MPO (Austin, TX)
- Craig Lyon, Coordinator, Anchorage Metropolitan Area Transportation Solutions, (Anchorage, AK)
Finally, AMPO would like to thank our host MPO, the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada, for all of their support and hard work before and during the conference. We hope all of our attendees enjoyed their stay and were able to fully experience all that Clark County, Nevada has to offer.
Save the Date:
2016 AMPO Annual Conference
October 25 – 28, 2016